We’ve rounded up the top moving companies in the Golden State who have continually served their customers with high quality professionalism and care.
If changing homes or office spaces is well within your targets for this year, you might want to already look into the top moving company who could help you with your big life transition. Planning a move is an enervating ordeal, but in the hands of the right people, will make your preparations less stressful and more seamless.
So, we’re glad to help you with this as we have done a deep dive into the best local movers in California with years of experience doing various types of moving all over the state and even across the country.
Best Local Movers in California:
Happy Home Moving
This Los Angeles-based local moving company services guarantees quality service to its customers as a fully bonded and insured mover, who’s also licensed by the California Public Utility Commission (PUC).
They specialize in intra-state transfers especially around the 4 big areas: Los Angeles, SF Bay Area, Sacramento, and San Diego. Other than residential moves, Happy Home Moving also services commercial types of moves, specifically relocating office furniture, heavy electronics, and even complex medical equipment.
Happy Home Moving services offered:
- Basic services: packing, loading, unloading, transporting, unwrapping
- Specialized services: furniture disassembling and reassembling, moving bulky items such as pianos, billiard tables, large mirrors, etc.
- Other noteworthy services: long distance transportation, full service packing, fragile-only packing
Happy Home Moving price range:
Local moving is priced at an hourly rate, based on the customer’s special needs for the move, while pricing for long distance moving to other cities depends on the number of movers needed, which comes with its own benefits per tier. Click on their homepage to get a free quote so you can have a more accurate estimate of the moving fees.
24/7 Moving and Storage
If you find yourself moving within 100 miles of San Diego, then you definitely should check out 24/7 Moving and Storage that’s based in America’s Finest City. They also cater to long distance move, which is beyond 100 miles from or to San Diego, providing same day and next day moving services for any location under 500 miles.
With more than 10 years experience in the local moving industry, this top moving company is a BBB-accredited business that’s regulated by the California Public Utility Commission, and is completely insured by the General Liability, Cargo and Workers Comp.
24/7 Moving and Storage services offered:
- Basic services: full service packing and transportation, truck loading and unloading, single item moves
- Specialized services: storage unit moves, furniture disassembly and reassembly, complete packing and unpacking services
- Other noteworthy services: pad wrapping all furniture for no extra charge for long distance moves, detailed inventory statement provided
24/7 Moving and Storage price range:
For local moves, there is a 3 hour minimum that is priced by the hour. For long distance moves, the rate varies depending on the distance and the size of the moving truck needed. The great thing about 24/7 Moving and Storage is that they offer the following special discounts: Military Discount, Student Discount, and Weekday Discount. Check out their website to get a free quote and see if you can qualify for any special discounts today.
Since launching in 2014, this family-owned local movers in California has been serving homes and businesses transferring locations around the San Fernando Valley and greater LA region. They also provide moving services to those relocating to another state, even as far as Hawaii.
For complex moves involving 3 or more bedroom houses, BQM will visit your current location to perform a free in-home estimate to discuss the highly technical needs for your particular move. For those needing home improvement and other repairs in their new locations, BQM has a set of skilled technicians who can gladly do the work for you before settling in your new place.
Best Quality Movers services offered:
- Basic services: packing and unpacking, hauling and unloading, wrapping and padding of furniture, artwork, and other fragile belongings
- Specialized services: single item deliveries, short-term storage and warehousing, global freight moving
- Other noteworthy services: door-to-door car hauling, Military change of station transfers, recycling and/or disposal of used belongings like mattresses, appliances, and hot tubs
Best Quality Movers price range:
Local moves are estimated based on moving truck space requirements and/or estimated weight of total items to be moved per visual inspection of BQM staff and inventory of belongings. The estimated rate already covers costs for truck, gas, mileage, and labor. Conversely, BQM offers a flat rate for single item deliveries and long distance moves (exceeding 100 miles) after a visual inspection of items to be shipped. Get a free quote today to find out more.
Moving in, out, and around California’s Central Valley is made much easier with Sierra Valley Moving and Storage. This 25-year-old top moving company is a Sacramento institution, having helped families, college students, and businesses transfer to new addresses around California and even interstate moves since 1998.
Apart from residential and commercial relocation services, Sierra Valley Moving and Storage also owns a 45,000 square foot storage facility that can hold up to 450 individual storage vaults, available for short-term and long-term storage.
Sierra Valley Moving and Storage services offered:
- Basic services: packing and unpacking, truck loading and unloading, furniture disassembly and reassembly
- Specialized services: loaning out moving boxes until unpacking, commercial furniture delivery for brokers and manufacturers, hauling and unloading large & fragile items
- Other noteworthy services: modular panel installation for offices, pallet racking for storing large items or freight
Sierra Valley Moving and Storage price range:
For a more accurate estimation, an on-site walk through of the current home or office space is needed before a rate assessment can be made. Check out their website to get a specific quote for residential and commercial moving, and furniture delivery services.
Since 2010, SF Bay Area Moving has been servicing our supportive patrons and customers, transporting their important belongings to and from the San Francisco-Bay Area region to other parts of the state and country.
Our family-owned moving company relies on an expert team of movers who ensure the highest quality of care of protection when handling, packing, and transporting the properties of our customers. We attend to every detail, from preparing packing boxes and wrapping supplies, to assisting with installation of furniture and other fixtures into the new space.
SF Bay Area Moving services offered:
- Basic services: professional wrapping with moving equipment, packing and unpacking, disassembling and reassembling furniture and other large items
- Specialized services: handling unevenly-shaped items such as a Peloton bike, speedy delivery with no reloading for long distance moves
- Other noteworthy services: next day delivery for neighboring California states, short-term storage services for sudden moves
SF Bay Area Moving price range:
As far as other local movers in California are concerned, only SF Bay Area Moving has a set of published hourly rates for different types of moving. Our commitment to transparency and honest-to-goodness service for our customers is what led us to be up front with our rates and to come up with a pricing scheme that is fair and affordable to any kind of customer. Get a free quote today so you can already plan around your move as early as now.
What To Look Out For When Hiring Local Movers
Just a quick Google search can already go a long way when it comes to looking for the best local movers in California. However, don’t just settle for the first few hits on the search engine’s results page. Do yourself a big favor and do a thorough search on top moving companies in your area by scouring around customer reviews in Google My Business, Yelp, and even reviews left by Facebook users on each company’s Facebook page.
You will want to hire a moving company that is fully licensed in the state of California, and is covered by a comprehensive insurance and bond company, in case of any damages. Likewise, this goes without saying that hiring professional movers who have the advantage of longevity in the business is, figuratively speaking, a smart move.