Moving is always a stressful event, but hiring the right moving company can help ease the burden. However, hiring the wrong moving company can create a lot of hassle from damaged property and possessions. You need to ensure that you are hiring the best movers Bay Area has available.
Checkbook.org and Bay Area Consumers rated moving companies to see how customers rated them and also compared their price quotes for various moving jobs.
Quality-wise, according to Checkbook’s surveyed, there were a few firms that achieved a “superior rating” for their “overall performance” by a shocking 90% of customer reviews. Others were given a “favorable” rating of 60% or under.
The Checkbook research team also got price quotes for detailed moving jobs. They noticed a vast difference between various companies.
- Prices range for packing and moving a 3-bedroom house prom Piedmont to Oakland varied from $2,230 to $4,263.
- For a 4-member crew, the rate per hour ranged from $165-$260
In order to get the best rate, you’ll have to set up appointments for various movers to come out of your home. But first you need to take some factors into consideration regarding movers Bay Area.
- Who will do your packing? If you pack yourself, you can save a great deal of money, however, if the company packs for you it will save you time and you will have a better chance of filing a claim should anything be damaged in the process.
- You should take stock of your belongings. Get rid of what you don’t need by selling it, donating it or simply throwing it away. You might want to move any especially valuable or fragile items yourself.
- Your need to manage your time. Trying to do too much in a short time can be very stressful. Remember May-September are the “peak times” for movers and some companies will increase their rates by an additional 10-15 percent.
Checkbook has the following advice for once you have made your decision on movers bay area:
- Always get everything in writing, including the rates used to calculate the estimate (per hour or weight and/or mileage) make sure to get either a capped estimate or a fixed rate.
- Make sure this estimated provided the details of the services and has an inventory that details the rooms and items involved in the move.
- Be sure to be physically present during the move. Pay attention to how your belongings are being packed and unloaded. Ensure that the driver is preparing an inventory: i.e. numbered cartons that detail the contents of each item as it is being loaded.
- Thoroughly read the Bill of Lading before signing. Maintaining your copy until your shipment is completely delivered and has been paid in full. Also hold onto it in case there are any pending claims. Retain this document for your records.
- Pay close attention as your belongings are being unloaded to ensure that each item is in good condition. Never sign anything until you have carefully inspected and made note in writing of any damages.
These tips can help you hire the best movers Bay Area has to offer